Monday, April 13, 2009

Happen to chance upon the "Beautifully Imperfect" profile page on Facebook and it was splashed with many beautiful quotes & short paras expressing thoughts & love for their partners to the public. As i read through, it touches me that love abounds deep in the hearts of many many people.. and love can be a source of great strength & encouragement, the comfort that one have truly found that special someone who loves them despite their flaws & imperfections..

Andy & I were watching The Devil Wears Prada just now at my place when we came across the “Beautifully Imperfect” ad put up by MCYS. I thought what the ad was all about, until towards the end it made me almost wanted to cry… I stole a look at Andy with my watery eyes, & he responded to me with a shock & puzzled look upon realizing I was nearing to tears. Gawr. The emotional + unemotional one, as always. =p

But I felt a fuzzy warmth in my heart when I looked at his silly face. That face that has been exceptionally close to me for the past 17 months. Part of me has fused into him I realized. And of coz, a part of his personality has fused into mine too. Soon, it will no longer be I, but We. And talking about imperfections, boy we had loads man haha.. But I also learn that whenever we put each other interests ahead of our own's, things tend to resolve real quickly, and we become even more special in each other’s eyes through these ‘imperfect” moments.

I agreed with the ad. & Andy is a beautifully imperfect person in our perfect relationship! Me too! A beautifully imperfect Jo! Hahaha.. =p
++++++++++++++++++++++

I shared to a girl friend couple of weeks back that one of the most important choices in life to a girl especially, is probably the guy that we choose to end up with. Wan Ee told us before. Look at how the man treats his family. That’s how the way he’s going to treat you in the future.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Pastor said the choice of what partner we ended up with is very much dependent on our FAITH level. Sometimes we can’t understand why seemingly good girls simply can't bear to leave their ultra scum-jerk boyfriends despite repeated offenses & getting their hearts broken again & again right? Their faith level. They don’t believe they can have/deserve a better bf. On another hand, some people have too high & unrealistic expectations, and thought they only deserve the best, the perfect one. They end up looking for that “perfect one” for their entire lives, before realizing there isn’t anyone perfect at all.

We don’t have to find the perfect one. Just try looking at another angle toward the imperfections in people around you. You might find one with really beautiful imperfections that is perfect just for you.

No comments: